NOW IS THE BEST TIME TO GET CERTIFIED -- BEFORE THE CHANGES BELOW WILL BE INTRODUCED LATER IN THE YEAR
Good day to all,
As you may be aware ISC2® has just released a new Common Body of Knowledge (CBK®) for the CISSP® and SSCP® exam. This new CBK® will become effective as of the 15 April 2015 along with the new exam being available at that time.
There is no need to panic right now. It is more a refresh than a brand new CBK®. Even the ISC2® books and resources have not been updated yet. Over the next few days and weeks I will be comparing the old CBK® to the new CBK® and will post a message on what has REALLY changed.
ISC2® in their announcement state very clearly: Content was not removed from the exam and/or training material, but rather refreshed and reorganized to include the most current information and best practices relevant to the global information security industry.
BELOW YOU HAVE THE LIST OF THE NEW CISSP DOMAINS NAMES, Effective April 15, 2015
- Security and Risk Management (Security, Risk, Compliance, Law, Regulations, Business Continuity)
- Asset Security (Protecting Security of Assets)
- Security Engineering (Engineering and Management of Security)
- Communications and Network Security (Designing and Protecting Network Security)
- Identity and Access Management (Controlling Access and Managing Identity)
- Security Assessment and Testing (Designing, Performing, and Analyzing Security Testing)
- Security Operations (Foundational Concepts, Investigations, Incident Management, Disaster Recovery)
- Software Development Security (Understanding, Applying, and Enforcing Software Security)
You can see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) related to this at:
As far as study books are concerned, keep using the one you have right now. ISC2® is planning to release a new update to their book before the end of March 2015. We will see if the target date is maintained or not.
CCCure is committed to provide up to date information and we will be updating our material to reflect those changes.
Keep visiting https://cccure.training/ where we will keep you posted with more details as they are coming out.
Best regards to all
Clement and Nathalie
Site Owners and Maintainers